Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is mixing of a small amout of 2T oil with the 4 stroke motorcycle (gear box) will damage the engine?

My motorcycle has a 4 stroke engine. Its engine requires 1.1L of synthetic oil. The problems starts when I only get 1L of oil, so I still need to put 100mL to achieve the right amount. What I do is I get a bottle of 200mL 2T oil and mix the half of it with my engine oil because we can't find a smaller bottle of 4T oil in our place (and 2T small bottle is cheaper than buying another 1L of 4T oil). I usually encounter this problem when I change oil. The question is, will the 100mL of 2T oil damage my motorcycle? Thanks!Is mixing of a small amout of 2T oil with the 4 stroke motorcycle (gear box) will damage the engine?
Yes, because you're using the wrong type of oil. What's cheaper; another liter of the correct oil (which you can keep to top up the oil between changes and which you can keep to make up your 1.1L every time you change the oil) or a new engine?Is mixing of a small amout of 2T oil with the 4 stroke motorcycle (gear box) will damage the engine?
i would not take the chance.
  • discount makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment