Wednesday, July 28, 2010

50cc scooter gear oil?

When I first changed the gear oil in my scooter, the color was close to a yellowish-green or greenish yellow color. Any logical guess as to what kind that is?





When I changed it, I used 80/90 hypoid gear oil. Its a reddish color.





The online manual says: Replace gear oil in the period of 300km, every half a year, or 300km later with 10# or GY gear oil......





I can't find that type, or maybe I just don't know what they mean because it's horrible translation throughout the whole manual. But the thing I want to know is in the very first paragraph at the top---about the gear oil color. It was pretty new when I bought it.








50cc scooter gear oil?
When you first changed the gear oil, it was the factory oil that came out of it; most factory oils are that color when new, so it wasn't really necessary to change it. Only when it turns from the yellowishy-green to brown, or darker, should it be changed. The only way to get the factory stuff is to go to the dealer where you bought the scooter, and ask for the manufacturer's stock gear oil. GY refers to the grade of the oil, and 10# refers to the viscosity. As long as you replace the oil with a hypoid gear oil, you should have no issues.50cc scooter gear oil?
I had a 50cc honda tact before and I changed the engine to a Dio2 engine.


the gear oil I used was an ordinary gear oil I bought from a gasoline station I guess it was from shell. I don't think you need a specific brand, as long as it is a good quality gear oil.
  • gas mask
  • 1 comment:

    Diana Schmid said...

    I think this is a really good article. You make this information interesting and engaging. You give readers a lot to think about and I appreciate that kind of writing. Custom Vespa scooter

    Post a Comment