Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What kind of Gear Oil should I use for my 2006 Ford Explorer XLT? Will the Mobil 1 75w90 do?

I was advised by the repair shop that my Clutch Pack needed to be replaced since it was making a lot of noise every time it switched gears. in addition to that, they say that the gear oil needs to be changed, but they're charging me $200 for it, aside from labor. I was thinking that I could just buy the gear oil and do the changing myself. Does anybody know what kind of gear oil would be right for this model? Thanks.What kind of Gear Oil should I use for my 2006 Ford Explorer XLT? Will the Mobil 1 75w90 do?
First of all, this information should be in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, contact a machine shop. I'm assuming you are talking about the transfer case. Well, parts today are built with tight clearances and need the double viscosity oil. Considering also the factor of ambient temperature to come to your final decision. Also, since you have a 4x4, keep the tires in good condition.What kind of Gear Oil should I use for my 2006 Ford Explorer XLT? Will the Mobil 1 75w90 do?
look in the owners manual but i am pretty sure that it takes 75w140 synthetic fluid. if you use royal purple or pennzoil then you need to do nothing but add the fluid. Other brands sometimes require a limited slip additive to be put in. I know that royal purple and pennzoil already have the additive in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment