Monday, July 26, 2010

Gear oil help!!!!?

my manual transmission calls for SAE 75W-90 API GL-3. I cant find that anywhere at all. Can i use GL-4 or GL-5 instead??Gear oil help!!!!?
yes as long as the 75w-90 is the same the api gl-3 can be gl-4 or5 as long as the weight is the same(sae 75w-90)Gear oil help!!!!?
I would recommend a multi-weight synthetic gear oil.
be sure about it some call for reagular trans fluid but get some reagular gear oil otherwhise its all the same
no, but you can find 75w-90 @ wal mart
any good grade of sae 75w-90w will work fine check with your local auto parts supply store that will have what you need!
Mc Ghee REPORTED!





I used the 75 - 90 they sell at wal-Mart
I doubt you'll find GL-3 anymore. GL-4 and GL-5 have more additiives and are a litt more slippier.


You'll have no problem with a 4 or 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment