Friday, July 30, 2010

I just bought a 99 Subaru Forester and have 2 questions about 1st gear and very small oil leak.?

1st quest. - When I shift into first gear sometimes it grinds a small bit..should I be concerned? Other gears seem fairly smooth.1st and 2nd gear are a bit ';jerky';..I have always driven manuals - so it isn't my driving...2nd Quest. - Noticed a very small amount of oil under engine after driving 2 hours - stopped when car was off..Did not leak anymore overnight..Car does not emit smoke when first started or idles..should I be concerned..Do you feel like any products available will stop leak of oil? Car has 113,000 miles on it...Otherwise car runs great..Thanks for any advice...I just bought a 99 Subaru Forester and have 2 questions about 1st gear and very small oil leak.?
If it grinding to shift into first, you are trying to do it too soon RPM's too high.





probally need new gasket, valve cover maybe.I just bought a 99 Subaru Forester and have 2 questions about 1st gear and very small oil leak.?
have someone check out the clutch system. It should not be hard to shift or get jerky.


The engine may have a failed oil seal somewhere,,have someone check that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment