Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I can't figure why my 96 Lumina runs, very rough, but stops when I put it in gear, & my oil light stays on.

I have a 96 Lumina, which just started making a terrible noise as I was driving. When I pulled over I thought I had blown my engine, but a good samaritan, trying to help suggested that my engine had not blown and that my coil packs, or module had gone bad. After replacing them, it runs, but very badly and when I put it in gear it stops abruptly and my oil light stays on. I am no mechanic but I believe it might be the oil pump or the timing chain. Could it be one of them or what else could it be?


Thank you.I can't figure why my 96 Lumina runs, very rough, but stops when I put it in gear, %26amp; my oil light stays on.
If you ran it with the oil pressure light on, you've toasted it. Rings are seized and valves are sticking. That good Samaritan cost you a lot of money for coil packs by pretending to know more than he did. Don't spend another dime before you do a compression check, and don't ever drive a vehicle with no oil pressure.I can't figure why my 96 Lumina runs, very rough, but stops when I put it in gear, %26amp; my oil light stays on.
Low oil level or bad pump

No comments:

Post a Comment