Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Had front axle and seal replaced, but I still have gear oil leak. What else could cause gear oil leak?

I had a gear oil leak and a loud grinding noise when I let up on clutch. I was told that I need a throw out bearing so I had the entire clutch replaced. At the same time I also had my front axles and seals replaced. Now I still have the leak and the mechanic is saying that the gears in the transmission are pushing on the seal and that I need a new transmission. Do I need a new transmission or could something else be going on. My car is running fine.Had front axle and seal replaced, but I still have gear oil leak. What else could cause gear oil leak?
Where exactly is it leaking? You have mentioned front axle seals, and a clutch. The two are in separate places, and you never really say where it is leaking from.....Had front axle and seal replaced, but I still have gear oil leak. What else could cause gear oil leak?
i think its the seals and thay dont want to do it for free


what kind of car it could be the diff cover if you got one


or the seam where its bolted together depending on the type of car

No comments:

Post a Comment