Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How do i change gear box oil on a 2000 2.7 manual terrano?

The drain plug is on the bottom of the gearbox, the filler %26amp; level plug is on the nearside of the box.


Drive the vehicle to warm up the oil, then drain %26amp; allow to completely empty. Replace drain plug %26amp; refill with 3.5 litres of API GL-4 oil.


Let me know if you need further info.


http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk





I see my reputation precedes me....How do i change gear box oil on a 2000 2.7 manual terrano?
Wait for JG's answer, he's your Terrano person!








rwb: If you mean the old Rover 5 speed manual box, the problem many people had with them is they replaced the oil with EP90's, they should be filled with TQF (automatic transmission fluid)











There you go....How do i change gear box oil on a 2000 2.7 manual terrano?
It probably has no drain plug so it will have to be pumped out through the fill hole and then reflled through the same hole till it overflows a little.


So much easier to get a garage to do it.


Are you sure it has to be done - most gearboxes do not need oil changes.
I believe some gearboxes can be damaged by changing the oil.





I'd look seriously into the matter before deciding to change it.
jack it up slide under look for drain plug most do have one on bottom and fills thru plug on side of ive myself have never replace mine just added to it and most of my cars or trucks like my car now has over 300,000 woul dbe easy and just has cheap to pay to have it done
An impeccable answer from JG.





But I would just add that BEFORE draining anything, make sure you can get the filler nut off!

No comments:

Post a Comment