Monday, July 26, 2010

I have an n reg citroen ax which I,ve been told needs gear oil. I,ve bought some but can,t see where to put it

The filler level plug on an AX


is on the side of the gear box not on the front





If you email me via my avatar


I will send you a diagram as an attachment





you need to lift your email restriction to do this





best wishesI have an n reg citroen ax which I,ve been told needs gear oil. I,ve bought some but can,t see where to put it
Who told you to top up the gear box oil? If a gear box needs to be topped up you first need to work out were the oil has gone. Is there any evidence of oil leaks?


To to up the level you need to park the car on a level bit of ground, crawl under the car on the passenger side of the engine. Looking at the gear box towards the drive shaft you will see a small metal plug about and inch up the side of the gear box. You will need to remove the plug, then fit the filler pipe from the gear box oil can into the hole. Squeeze the bottle until the oil starts to run out the hole.


Its a very messy job so make sure you have put on some old clothes and put some news paper on the ground.


Ja.I have an n reg citroen ax which I,ve been told needs gear oil. I,ve bought some but can,t see where to put it
Pull the dip stick, still a Small funnel and poor your oil, when you're done put the dip stick back to insure the oil in the right level, f your car have automatic transmission star your car and put in on gear like R then you can check your dip stick.
You Didn't Mention it but I assume it's a Standard Transmission. You'll have to Raise/Get Under the car. There are two Screw in Plugs, Filler on the Top Forward, Drain on the Bottom near the rear of the Gear Box/Transmission.
Its normally on the side of the gearbox. You should see a plug that you have to remove. You must fill the gearbox with the car on level ground. There is no dipstick, you keep filling until the oil starts to run out. Good luck.
NO that's engine oil !
  • gas mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment