Friday, July 23, 2010

What oil viscosity should I use for my 96 VW GTI? What about gear oil?

I have a 96 VW GTI VR6 with about 90,000 milesWhat oil viscosity should I use for my 96 VW GTI? What about gear oil?
10 30 for your engine and 80 90 for your gear oilWhat oil viscosity should I use for my 96 VW GTI? What about gear oil?
if the manufacturer says on the car manual use 5w30 that's the oil you have to use no matter the age of the car or the millage





is a myth that you have to use a higher grade oil when engines get old or get high millage





so read the car manual and use the oil it says





if you use gear oil on the engine you will kill it instantly because gear oil are used to lubricate not eliminate friction like engine oil do
W10-30 should do it or check your owners manual!!
look in owners manual

No comments:

Post a Comment