Friday, July 23, 2010

Can anyone tell me the correct gear oil for a 1990 BMW E30?

On the side of the trans on the pass side there should be a little sticker if its green it need synthetic, But actually REDLINE(brand) MTL (manual transmission lube) is what you want..





For the diff again REDLINE 75/90NS... It must say NS or the diff will howl like a bad diff does.. NEVER put in a HYPOID oil the HYPOID oil is what makes it howl like crazy..Can anyone tell me the correct gear oil for a 1990 BMW E30?
You should have mentioned what E30 you have (aside from the year).


But an E30 325i 1990, without multiple disc limited slip differential


would require a 75W-90 hypoid gear oil. There are lots of brands carrying this type of oil.Can anyone tell me the correct gear oil for a 1990 BMW E30?
I don't know off the top of my head but a good guess would be 80-90, but when you go to buy it at the auto store, ask them, most stores have the specs on their computer

No comments:

Post a Comment