Friday, July 23, 2010

I have a 2003 Saturn Ion quad coupe, with 5 speed manual. Can you change the oil in the manual gear box?

there's a whinning noise comming from it so i figure the oil has gone bad.I have a 2003 Saturn Ion quad coupe, with 5 speed manual. Can you change the oil in the manual gear box?
On the side, I DID report sdwhus for abuse, let's get em kicked off this site, will ya help, please? About your trans, my chilton book says to change it every 100kmi. If you're way over that, it could be your syncro doing the whining, as it may want a more linear viscosity that has degraded with the oils' being pounded and hot-to-cold cycling, but I'm worried for you that this whining is symptomatic of something worse. By all means, the least expensive remedy is an oil change, but if it's not the cure, getting help before the problem grows might actually be a waste of money, because some trans' will go noisey and run that way for years, and cannibalize themself over a ton of miles, where others make a noise today and explode tomorrow. Why I empathize with you especially is because my own 03 ion made noise from my front end drive train and got louder with time %26amp; miles, so when I tried to diagnose it myself and got nowhere, ended up taking it to a place that diagnosed the front wheel bearings, adding that my front wheels were getting ready to pull out of the bearing cage (fall off the car), well, having paid the $600 to get it fixed, I now know that the noises in the front end of these cars travels throughout the drivetrain and suspension so well that they're beyond my ability to backyard diagnose. The big bummer is that the parts, at www.parts.com, cost under $200 w/ shipping, and that my knowledge deficit cost me the other $400. This really is the information age!I have a 2003 Saturn Ion quad coupe, with 5 speed manual. Can you change the oil in the manual gear box?
have you check it level which should be done at every oil change and sure you can drain it and refil it you check and fil as place but drain at another both easy to do
yes..the drain plug is on the bottom of the trans ..the fill plug is on the side..fill it til the fluid comes out of the fill hole

No comments:

Post a Comment